‘Hosted at the University of Edinburgh in the Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre (EPCC), the Cray Urika-GX system will provide researchers at the Alan Turing Institute with a dedicated analytics hardware platform, enabling the development of advanced applications across a number of scientific fields including engineering and technology, defense and security, smart cities, financial services and life sciences.”
After that, we do our Catch of the Week:
- Henry points us to a story on Drone Hacking that should concern us all.
- Dan loves this story about a German Enigma machine found in a basement that somebody thought was just a typewriter.
- Dan also likes the Register story about the MIT Post-Doc staffer that got caught for insider trading after he Googled “insider trading” at work.
- Rich is impressed by the new Big Data agreement between the SKA Telescope project and CERN.
- Shahin likes the story of how the remnants of Radio Shack are auctioning off IPV4 addresses at something like $14 dollars a piece.