“After witnessing a hit-and-run fender bender, Henry confronted the culprit and ensured that the miscreant left a note on the victim’s windshield. And while we applaud Henry for his heroism, we are also very grateful that he was not shot in the process. This tale leads us into a discussion of AI ethics and how we won’t have this problem in the coming era of self-driving cars.”
After that, we do our Catch of the Week:
- Henry points us to a story about how a cloud configuration mistake at Dow Jones exposed two million customer records.
- Rich relays the unfortunate news about layoffs at Cray. Is it time for the company to go Private?
- Rich also notes that NVIDIA is approaching a market cap of $100 Billion thanks to the current Machine Learning boom.
- Shahin likes the story about Fujitsu’s new Deep Learning (DLU) chip.
- Shahin also notes that China is targeting global AI chip leadership by 2025.
- Dan likes the story about Elon Musk receiving “verbal approval” from the U.S. Government to build a Hyperloop between New York and Washington.