In this podcast, the Radio Free HPCteam looks at the big three technologies of the day on the Hype curve:
- Machine Learning. The GTC conference is coming up, and we are seeing a continuing series of announcements like the high density deep learning server from Lamda Labs.
- Cryptocurrency. GPUs are in short supply as crypto miners continue to buy mass quantities of consumer devices.
- Quantum Computing. This week Google unveiled their 72-Qbit Bristlecone Quantum Chip, which they claim has them on the road to Quantum Supremacy. At the same time, quantum seems to be going mainstream, as evidenced by a panel discussion this week at SXSW. You can listen to the full recording of the session on insideHPC.
After that, we do our Catch of the Week:
- Rich notes that Ben Bennet at HPE was spotted on Twitter trying to convince the Europeans that building their own HPC chip is not a good idea.
- Dan has enlisted Rocksmith computer technology in his quest to learn to play the guitar.
- Shahin revisits the Department of Deep Thinking on the topic of why Computational Trust is expensive. It’s all about Faith, Fees, and Fiat. So if you happen to have Trust in your life for free, you should cherish it.