After that, Shahin point us to the story about how DARPA just allocated $75 Million in awards for thinking-outside-the-box computing innovation. They call it the Electronics Resurgence Initiative and the list of projects funded includes something called Software Defined Hardware.
After that, we do the Catch of the Week:
- Rich notes that he has posted a boatload of presentation videos from the PASC18 conference in Switzerland. It’s all about the science, so we encourage you to check it out.
- Shahin likes the story about the Data Over Distance event that took place recently.
- Henry has a story about a new bug in Bluetooth that enables hackers to hack any laptop by sticking in a USB stick, bypass your BIOS, and rebooting your system. Don’t leave your laptops in your room any more.
- Dan likes story How Silicon Valley became Den of Spies. Nation states are using high-level espionage in Bay Area to steal secrets.
- Dan is also quite worried about a story that the Pentagon is putting out a contract for $10 Billion for cloud computing services.